If you are involved with a Type-1 diabetic, or have a friend or family member with diabetes, it’s very important to understand hypoglycemia – low blood sugars – and what to do when you see them happen.
Descriptions of the various stages through the entire process in a pancreatic islet transplant, from initial decision through surgery and recovery.
I have had Type-1 Diabetes for over 35 years. This means my pancreas produces no insulin, and I require daily external injections of insulin to survive.
Monday-Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 2pm
Latest and Featured
- City of Hope Fundraising LetterMay 25, 2019 - 8:36 am
- Video – Briskin Center for Clinical ResearchFebruary 17, 2019 - 3:41 pm
- News and Breakthroughs – My City of Hope TransplantJanuary 12, 2019 - 4:13 pm
- Type-1 Diabetes – City of Hope – My Personal 3-Year MiracleOctober 23, 2018 - 1:50 pm
- 2 1/2 Years: No Insulin + Immunosuppression – The Yin Yang Of An Islet TransplantMay 12, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- September 2017 Blood Sugar Numbers – Still WowSeptember 14, 2017 - 9:28 am