I have a quite unique perspective on the role that clinical research plays in finding cures for diseases. As a Type-1 Diabetic for 35 years, I had developed critically serious and life-threatening complications. I entered a clinical trial in 2016 at the City of Hope, Duarte, CA, and received two pancreatic islet transplants. I am now insulin-free, and my complications completely relieved.
I am also the co-author of Richard Bunkall – The Artist and His Work, the first published survey of the late artist’s remarkable 25-year career as a painter and sculptor. This definitive 297-page large format book features over 200 color plates of Bunkall’s work including paintings, works on paper, sculptures and personal sketches. RichardBunkall.com.
With over 35 years of software marketing and development experience, I have successfully implemented marketing improvements for companies throughout my career:
- Founder and President of Visual Software Systems, Inc., a consulting organization that helps businesses increase sales and reduce costs by building strong customer relationships using innovative internet marketing. Visual Software currently supports clients throughout the U.S., U.K., and European Communities.
- Co-founder and Chief Marketing Director of Gateway2Finance Ltd., an internet portal for secured and unsecured loan products and services. Gateway2Finance was recently acquired by publicly held Equiniti Group.
- Vice President, Marketing at Taratec Development Corporation, a health services company providing integrated business, information technology and FDA regulatory compliance services to the pharmaceutical industry. Taratec was acquired by Patni Computer Systems (NYSE: PTI).
- Vice President, Marketing at worldwide software manufacturer Princeton Softech, Inc. Princeton Softech was acquired by Computer Horizons Corp (NASDAQ:CHRZ), and later IBM (NYSE: IBM).
- Vice President, Marketing & International Operations at Thoroughbred Software International, a manufacturer of Unix- and Windows-based software development products.
- Co-founder and Vice President, Marketing, of publicly traded accounting software manufacturer State of the Art, known for its MAS90 accounting software product line. State of the Art was acquired by Sage Software PLC.
- President, MAI Applications Software Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of MAI Basic Four and publicly traded Management Assistance Inc.