This is a recent speech about my City of Hope Pancreatic Islet Transplant at the four year mark, and how I now live my life without Type-1 Diabetes.
Featured Posts For The Pancreatic Islet Transplant Blog for Roger Sparks
City of Hope Fundraising Letter featuring the success they have had with the Pancreatic Islet Transplant Clinical trial and my particular results:
I was very happy to be a small part of this video for the Judy & Bernard Briskin Center for Clinical Research at City of Hope.
Feeling very privileged to find my story on City of Hope’s website about Type-1 Diabetes under News and Breakthroughs as they work to find a cure.
This is a presentation I recently made at a City of Hope event summarizing my 3 years in a Clinical Trial for Type-1 Diabetes. It’s my personal 3-year miracle.
9 months post transplant, I’m still living totally without insulin or complications. This is a quick update on my status, as I am filled with gratitude and thanks to so many.
Guest interview with Roger, conducted by Joanne Milo in California, an active advocate in the Diabetes Online Community (DOC).
Six months after my pancreatic islet transplant, I’m living totally without insulin. After 35 years with Type-1 Diabetes, each day is a breathtaking gift.
The Bonnie Sher Show, Boomer Life is a live 50‐minute Internet radio and podcast program dedicated to a generation of Americans who continue to be a major force ifor social change and poster children for independence and self‐expression.
Insulin – required by diabetics to live – is a prime example of out of control prescription drug costs and a mercenary delivery system.
Monday-Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 2pm
Latest and Featured
- My Pancreatic Islet Transplant at City of HopeApril 30, 2020 - 11:26 am
- City of Hope Fundraising LetterMay 25, 2019 - 8:36 am
- Video – Briskin Center for Clinical ResearchFebruary 17, 2019 - 3:41 pm
- News and Breakthroughs – My City of Hope TransplantJanuary 12, 2019 - 4:13 pm
- Type-1 Diabetes – City of Hope – My Personal 3-Year MiracleOctober 23, 2018 - 1:50 pm
- 2 1/2 Years: No Insulin + Immunosuppression – The Yin Yang Of An Islet TransplantMay 12, 2018 - 12:00 pm