City of Hope Fundraising Letter featuring the success they have had with the Pancreatic Islet Transplant Clinical trial and my particular results:
Featured Posts For The Pancreatic Islet Transplant Blog for Roger Sparks
I was very happy to be a small part of this video for the Judy & Bernard Briskin Center for Clinical Research at City of Hope.
Feeling very privileged to find my story on City of Hope’s website about Type-1 Diabetes under News and Breakthroughs as they work to find a cure.
This is a presentation I recently made at a City of Hope event summarizing my 3 years in a Clinical Trial for Type-1 Diabetes. It’s my personal 3-year miracle.
9 months post transplant, I’m still living totally without insulin or complications. This is a quick update on my status, as I am filled with gratitude and thanks to so many.
Six months after my pancreatic islet transplant, I’m living totally without insulin. After 35 years with Type-1 Diabetes, each day is a breathtaking gift.
The Bonnie Sher Show, Boomer Life is a live 50‐minute Internet radio and podcast program dedicated to a generation of Americans who continue to be a major force ifor social change and poster children for independence and self‐expression.
Insulin – required by diabetics to live – is a prime example of out of control prescription drug costs and a mercenary delivery system.
A few thoughts about the importance of friends during my years with diabetes and my recent islet transplant and recovery.
If you are involved with a Type-1 diabetic, or have a friend or family member with diabetes, it’s very important to understand hypoglycemia – low blood sugars – and what to do when you see them happen.
Monday-Friday: 9am to 5pm
Saturday: 10am to 2pm
Latest and Featured
- City of Hope Fundraising LetterMay 25, 2019 - 8:36 am
- Video – Briskin Center for Clinical ResearchFebruary 17, 2019 - 3:41 pm
- News and Breakthroughs – My City of Hope TransplantJanuary 12, 2019 - 4:13 pm
- Type-1 Diabetes – City of Hope – My Personal 3-Year MiracleOctober 23, 2018 - 1:50 pm
- 2 1/2 Years: No Insulin + Immunosuppression – The Yin Yang Of An Islet TransplantMay 12, 2018 - 12:00 pm
- September 2017 Blood Sugar Numbers – Still WowSeptember 14, 2017 - 9:28 am